The API is an interface allowing outside developers to interact directly with Sellsy without using the web interface of the service.
It becomes easy for a developer to integrate Sellsy with a web or desktop application.
It is intended for companies wishing to use the solution but do not need all the features or want to use it in another context. The API allows you for example:
- To develop your own mobile application
- To integrate your Sellsy data in your business application (CRM, ERP, own application).
- To use Sellsy for invoicing on your e-commerce site.
- To synchronize your catalog of products / services
- To synchronize your contacts.
The Sellsy API uses conventional technologies and a PHP connector is provided to you. An example application is at your disposal. This application use all the features of the API, and can thus serve as a basis for your development.
Sellsy does not support the development of your applications. Our teams are dedicated solely to create public modules for the entire community.
If you have an module idea that may be of interest to many users, do not hesitate to submit it.
The API is written in PHP. In its first version, it uses OAuth 1.0.
You can access it in two ways:
- Via Oauth native php class
- Via Curl
We provide you here two classes to connect:
- SellsyConnect.php using native PHP Oauth class. This connector allows you to make public and private applications.
- SellsyConnect_curl.php using Curl. This connector will only allow you to make private applications.
If your application is Public, we use OAuth third-party authentication. This means that you do not control the identification of the user. It requires a login page that is managed by Sellsy.
However, you can avoid this identification and login directly. In this case, your application will be Private and it can be used by your Sellsy account only.
With the API Sellsy we implemented a system for validating applications. They can be of two types:
- Public - A public application allows any user to login to their account via your application. These applications use third-party authentication type for user tokens. In other words, if a user comes to your application without token, it will be redirected to our login page where he enters his username and password. In return, the application will receive a token / secret for the user that it must store it in order to avoid to reconnect with each use. This is ideal if you want to provide access to your application to all Sellsy users.
- Private - By default applications are of private. It then won't not go through our login page. When you create an application in your Sellsy settings, you will receive your token / secret for a single user. You will have to embed the code in your application and you can only connect through the application. This is ideal if, for example, you want to add a layer of billing your website.
To change your private application to public , just go into your account and change access settings for your application. This will launch a process of validation by our staff (usually within 24 hours).
To get access to the API and has to start develop your application, you must go into your account preferences Sellsy. You will find a new catagorie 'API'.
On this page you can manage your applications: creation, modification, and management of tokens access level (public / private).
You just have to create a new application. You will get your tokens and can start your development.
You now have a first approach of the API, see the full documentation to start developing your application or test our demo application (sources). P>