The API is an interface allowing outside developers to interact directly with Sellsy without using the web interface of the service.
It becomes easy for a developer to integrate Sellsy with a web or desktop application.
It is intended for companies wishing to use the solution but do not need all the features or want to use it in another context. The API allows you for example:
- To develop your own mobile application
- To integrate your Sellsy data in your business application (CRM, ERP, own application).
- To use Sellsy for invoicing on your e-commerce site.
- To synchronize your catalog of products / services
- To synchronize your contacts.
The Sellsy API uses conventional technologies and a PHP connector is provided to you. An example application is at your disposal. This application use all the features of the API, and can thus serve as a basis for your development.
Sellsy does not support the development of your applications. Our teams are dedicated solely to create public modules for the entire community.
If you have an module idea that may be of interest to many users, do not hesitate to submit it.
L’API d’Sellsy est écrite en PHP. Dans sa première version, elle utilise OAuth 1.0.
You can access it in two ways:
- Via La classe Oauth native à php
- Via Curl
We provide you here two classes to connect:
- SellsyConnect.php using native PHP Oauth class. This connector allows you to make public and private applications.
- SellsyConnect_curl.php using Curl. This connector will only allow you to make private applications.
If your application is Public, we use OAuth third-party authentication. This means that you do not control the identification of the user. It requires a login page that is managed by Sellsy.
However, you can avoid this identification and login directly. In this case, your application will be Private and it can be used by your Sellsy account only.
With the API Sellsy we implemented a system for validating applications. They can be of two types:
- Publique - Une application publique permet à n'importe quel utilisateur de se connecter à son compte via votre application. Ces applications utilisent une authentification de type third-party pour obtenir les tokens utilisateur. Autrement dit, si un utilisateur arrive sur votre application sans token, il sera alors redirigé vers notre page de connexion où il entrera ses identifiants et mot de passe. En contrepartie, l'application recevra un token/secret pour cet utilisateur qu'elle devra conserver afin de lui éviter de se reconnecter à chaque utilisation. C’est la solution idéale si vous souhaitez proposer un accès à votre application à l’ensemble des utilisateurs d’Sellsy.
- Private - By default applications are of private. It then won't not go through our login page. When you create an application in your Sellsy settings, you will receive your token / secret for a single user. You will have to embed the code in your application and you can only connect through the application. This is ideal if, for example, you want to add a layer of billing your website.
To change your private application to public , just go into your account and change access settings for your application. This will launch a process of validation by our staff (usually within 24 hours).
To get access to the API and has to start develop your application, you must go into your account preferences Sellsy. You will find a category 'Developers'.
On this page you can manage your applications: creation, modification, and management of tokens access level (public / private).
You just have to create a new application. You will get your tokens and can start your development.
You now have a first approach of the API, see the full documentation to start developing your application or test our demo application (sources). P>